Adding Your First Product
When you first install SoftSlate Commerce, it will be fully functional, but unless you've
inserted the test data during installation, there will be no
products in the store for your customers to buy. Follow these basic steps to add your first
product and category to the store so you can start selling.
Example 2.1. Adding a Product
- Log into the SoftSlate Commerce administrator using the user name and
password you created in the Installer tool. The administrator
application is located at
- Once logged in, navigate to
Product Catalog ->
Products. Click the "Add New Record" link at the top
of the screen to go to the add new product form.
- After adding the product, create a category to place the product in, so it
will show up in the store's category tree. Navigate to
Product Catalog -> Categories, and click the "Add New
Record" link to add a category to the store.
Now assign your new product to the category you created:
- Navigate to
Product Catalog -> Categories .
- You'll see your new category in the table in the center of the
screen. Click the "Details" link next to it.
- On the next screen,
click the "Products" tab to view the products
assigned to the category. Click the "Unassigned" tab to find the new
- You should see your new product in the table in the center of
the screen. Check the checkbox under the "Assigned" column next to the
- Click the "Update" button to save the change.
Copyright © 2009-2017 SoftSlate, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by SoftSlate Commerce