Adding Your First Product
When you first install SoftSlate Commerce, it will be fully functional, but there will be no
products in the store for your customers to buy. Follow these basic steps to add your first
product and category to the store so you can start selling.
Example 2.1. Adding a Product
- Log into the SoftSlate Commerce administrator using the user name and
password you created in the Installer tool. By default the administrator
application is located at
- Once logged in, navigate to
Products. Click the "Add New Record" button on the
right hand side of the screen to go to the add new product form.
- After adding the product, create a category to place the product in, so it
will show up in the store's category tree. Navigate to
Products -> Categories, and click the "Add New
Record" button to add a category to the store.
Now assign your new product to the category you created:
- Navigate to
Products -> Categories .
- You'll see your new category in the table in the center of the
screen. Click the "Products" link next to it to view the products
assigned and not assigned to the category.
- You should see your new product in the table in the center of
the screen. Click the "On" button next to "Edit Mode"
- Check the checkbox under the "Assigned" column next to the
- Click "Update/Delete" to save the change.
Copyright © 2008 SoftSlate, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by SoftSlate Commerce