Hosted Community Edition
Simplify your SoftSlate Commerce experience with the Hosted Community Edition, which includes application-level support, monitoring, and a robust hosting environment that includes control panel access and root access.
Hosting features for the Hosted Community Edition package include:
- 512 MB dedicated Tomcat 6 instance running under a VPS with Apache 2.2 and 64 bit CentOS-5.
- The resources allotted to your account are flexible and can grow as your store and traffic grow. If you require more resources, just Contact Us for pricing.
- VPS Virtuozzo control panel and root access.
- Private mail server (POP/IMAP/SMTP).
- Unlimited mailboxes, domains, and databases.
- Daily backups for 7 days.
- POSTINI Spam/Virus Filtered Email.
- 10 GB disk space, 150 GB network traffic.
- Dedicated IP address.
- Numerous other PHP, Perl, and other applications available from the control panel.
- 24/7 phone and email support for site downages and other server-level issues from our hosting partner.
- Application-level support from SoftSlate detailed below.
SoftSlate Commerce support for the Hosted Community Edition package includes:
- Installation and configuration of SoftSlate Commerce on the Hosting Account, including Web server configuration, application server configuration, database configuration, and SoftSlate Commerce configuration. You will be supplied an administrative URL, login, and password for SoftSlate Commerce when installation is complete, which you can then use to set up your store.
- Troubleshooting any issues with any of the out-of-the-box functions featured in SoftSlate Commerce.
- Assistance with the configuration for the store, including payment configuration, shipping configuration, tax configuration and setting up the product catalog.
- Troubleshooting any issues with application errors or exceptions experienced by users of SoftSlate Commerce.
- Domain name/DNS configuration and assistance with registering a domain name.
- Installation of an SSL certificate and assistance with purchasing an SSL certificate.
- Assistance/Management of PCI scans. If you need to undergo a PCI scan, let us know and we'll help you pass it.
- Contact SoftSlate support by email or phone, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, US Eastern time.
Proactive monitoring included with the Hosted Community Edition:
- Internal monitoring of your Tomcat instance, triggering automatic restarts if it ever goes down.
- External monitoring tailored to your store. We'll create a monitoring script tailored to your store that mimics a customer. The script maintains a session, adds an item to the cart, and goes through as much of your checkout process as possible without actually placing an order. This script not only detects when the site is down, it detects any application errors that might have been introduced through customizations or for any other reason. The script notifies us of any problems and we follow up promptly to investigate. You get this service even if you have made functional customizations to your store.
- Application log monitoring. It's rare that something goes wrong with SoftSlate Commerce, but when it does the event is logged in our application logs. We monitor those logs regularly and review them for any application errors or exceptions. Then we follow up with you about how to fix the problem. You get this service even if you have made functional customizations to your store.
Support for the Hosted Community Edition package does not include:
- Support does not include custom development, or troubleshooting customizations that have been made to your store. If you need customizations done, please consider purchasing a support package, or Contact Us to discuss establishing an ongoing Services Agreement with SoftSlate. For more details, read about the services we offer.
- While we will help you register for a domain name and purchase an SSL certificate, you are responsible for paying for the domain name registration and the certificate. (SSL certificates from GoDaddy.com start at $29.99/year.)
- Support includes the above monitoring activities, following up on errors and issues, answering questions, providing suggestions, and general help and support. It does not include the regular maintenance tasks involved with running your store, such as maintaining the product catalog, processing orders, communicating with customers, or configuring the store's detailed behaviors. For help with any of these tasks, consider purchasing a support package, or Contact Us to discuss establishing an ongoing Services Agreement with SoftSlate. For more details, read about the services we offer.
- Support does not include installation of SoftSlate Commerce upgrades. These are done on a case-by-case basis and subject to hourly billing. (In most cases, 2-3 hours.)